MANATEE COUNTY FAMILY YMCA: COVID FACILITIES UPDATE
HOURS OF OPERATION
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Masks or face coverings will no longer be required in the Wellness Center while you are working out. However, they will be required in all other common areas of the facility due to social distancing and children in the building from camp.
- All members and participants are required to sign a Redwoods waiver prior to using the facility, one time only. Children under 18 will need a parent’s signature.
- All staff, members and visitors to our facilities will be required to have their temperature taken (no touch) upon entering the building. Any individual temperature over 100+ will not be allowed to use the facility.
- Y staff will be wearing face masks/coverings, but know we are smiling from ear to ear because we are happy to see you.
- If you feel ill or have any symptoms, please stay home.
- Social distancing, minimum of six feet, is required.
- You will be required to scan your Membership ID prior to using your reservation.
- No guest passes will be allowed.
- YMCA Nationwide is inactive; we will only be able to offer services to full Manatee County Family YMCA members.
KEEPING STAFF AND MEMBERS SAFE
- A safety break will happen in the middle of the day, every day to allow for total area disinfection.
- High touch areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day, with no less than one cleaning per hour.
- Limited number of members in the fitness area at one time.
- Some equipment will not be available to allow for social distancing and disinfecting procedures.
- All members must disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Y staff will be stationed throughout the facility to assist with disinfecting equipment and to answer questions regarding new guidelines.
- Members are asked to stay in designated areas. Children in our Emergency Childcare program are in the facility and require separated space.
Reservations will not be required for the Wellness Center or the use of fitness equipment. There will no longer be a time limit per day or restrictions on the number of days per week a member can use the Wellness Center. Social distancing will be maintained by our staff.
Reservations will still be required for lap lanes in the pool and all Group Fitness classes. Reservations for Group Fitness classes are posted weekly. Due to limited spaces, please cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend. If there is not a class listed that is on the schedule, that means the class is at full capacity. Keep checking the website as spots open frequently.
Facility Pools are for lap lane and group fitness reservation usage only. Walk ins are not available for the pool, just the Wellness Center.
Due to limited capacity all members will be required to reserve lap lanes. To ensure members’ health and safety, as well as enjoyment of our facilities, we will continue to review and update these guidelines regularly to remain in line with federal, state and local guidelines.
- Group Exercise classes will be limited based on size of studios and outside spaces to allow for at least six feet between participants, please see the website for limited class schedules. There will continue to be virtual classes available that can be accessed here. You will not be required to wear a mask while attending an outdoor class.
- For instructions on how to make Group Fitness Reservations click here.
- The pool is restricted to lap swim, with one swimmer per lane regardless if you live in the same household, and group exercise classes with a six-foot radius between participants – Water Fitness is now available on the Group Fitness Reservation Platform.
- Your reservation is for 45 minutes, please allow some extra time for your first visit to fill out our new waiver.
- After your reservation, please check your email for your confirmation email. It may be in your SPAM. In your confirmation email there will be a link for
- You are limited to 5 Lap Lane reservations per week, and 1 reservation per day, per individual. Our system will only allow scheduling up to 5 days at a time.
PLEASE SEE OUR ‘HOW TO GUIDE: FACILITY RESERVATIONS’ HERE
WHAT’S AVAILABLE NOW?
- Indoor/Outdoor Pools (Lap Swim Only By Reservation)
- Outdoor limited group exercise classes (By Reservation) To view our class schedule click here. Our team is working hard and should have a schedules available soon, keep checking!
- Free weights, cardio, functional training area, and select equipment
- Summer Relief Care Camp – For more information click here.
- Restroom facilities will be available on a limited basis and will be disinfected on an hourly basis.
- Locker Rooms and showers
- Kid Zone (By reservation – Ages 3-10)
WHAT AREAS WILL REMAIN UNAVAILABLE AS OF NOW?
- Water fountains are not available; however, no touch water bottle fill stations are available. You are encouraged to bring your own water bottle or throw away cups will be available.
- Coffee Services
- Basketball Gyms & Pickleball
- Youth Programming (Sports, Karate, Dance, Swim Lessons, Etc.)
- Senior Activities
If you have any additional questions or are having troubles with our reservation platform please contact the Branch Executive Below:
Lakewood Ranch Branch: Shawn Simmons, email@example.com or 941-798-9622 x113
Bradenton Branch: Jennifer Haughey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-798-9622 x420
The Parrish Branch is closed, although if you have any questions please contact: Jamie Rusnak, email@example.com