Y Friends and Family,
Our Board of Directors has taken special action on how we can adapt and support your membership during these challenging times.
All Manatee Family YMCA branches will remain temporarily closed based on the latest statewide executive order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Our temporary closure, as well as the postponing of various programs, events, and services in and around our community, is proving to have real monetary consequences for nonprofit organizations like the Y that rely on the support of our members, program participants and donors. We sincerely appreciate all of you who are choosing to stay with us and help us during this time.
Your monthly membership draft is vital in allowing us to pivot our Y facilities to meet critical needs in our communities. Here are some ways we’re helping those who need us the most:
- We are providing emergency relief care for children of medical personnel, first responders and other essential workers, so that they can continue their focus on public health.
- In partnership with The School District of Manatee County Food and Nutrition Services, we are distributing two healthy meals each day to over 300 children in our relief care program and to our neighbors.
- In partnership with The Early Learning Coalition, we will be providing FREE books to students picking up their daily meals.
- We are hosting Blood Bank buses at our locations to maintain a sufficient amount of blood and plasma supplies.
- Our staff are reaching out to the seniors in our community to help prevent social isolation. Even a small conversation can lift someone’s spirit.
- Our staff are working hard to add new virtual resources to help community members stay active, healthy and connected in their own home on social media. We’re continuously updating these free virtual fitness classes, youth and family activities, crafts, and any other YMCA-at-home resources.
- We are conducting a literacy program for our relief camp through YReads! to help students stay on track with their reading progress.
- We have added computer labs for our relief camp so students can continue their school work online.
Please know, that regardless of your decision to put your membership on hold or to maintain your membership as a charitable gift, we appreciate you and wish you and your family health and comfort during these challenging times.
This is a very unpredictable situation, and we will strive to keep you updated with the most current information available. Thank you for being part of our Y family and for your continued support as we all navigate this public health crisis.
Manatee Family YMCA