WHY JOIN THE Y? A STRONGER COMMUNITY. FAMILY ACTIVITIES. A HEALTHIER BODY.
Join us to develop youth potential, promote a healthy lifestyle, and deliver meaningful, positive change to your neighborhood and community. The Y is much more than a gym. It’s a place for children and teens to grow and learn. It’s where families spend real time together. It’s where people of all ages connect with friends to pursue better, healthier lives. The Y is a nonprofit that promotes healthy living and a healthier community.
Benefits of Joining Include:
- FREE Strong Start Program
- Access to all branches. Facilities include Indoor pool (Bradenton Branch), Outdoor Pool (Lakewood Ranch Branch), fitness center, gymnasium, cycling center, locker rooms, saunas (Lakewood Ranch Branch), multi-purpose rooms and game room/teen center (Bradenton & Parrish Branches).
- Special events hosted by the YMCA
- 100+ FREE group exercise classes per week; Yoga, Pilates, Les Mills Classes, TRX, Zumba and more
- State-of-the-art cardio fitness centers
- Swimming pools, including an indoor pool at the Bradenton Branch
- Saunas at Lakewood Ranch / Locker Rooms at Lakewood Ranch and Bradenton Branch
- FREE supervised Kid Zone for Family and Single Parent Membership
- Water Aerobic classes
- Reduced fees and priority registration for youth sports, swim lessons, camp, and more!
The Manatee YMCA accepts American Specialty (Silver and Fit) – please contact a branch to find out how to join one of our branches and SAVE!
NEW MEMBERSHIP TYPES NEW 2019 RATES
Young Adult (Ages 11-27yrs) ……………………………………………………… $27/Month
Single Adult (Ages 28yrs & Up) ……………………………………………….. $41/Month
Dual (2 People, ANY Age, ANY Household) …………………………………………… $56/Month ($28/Person)
Single Family (1 Adult + Children ages 24yrs and under, in the same household) ………… $54/Month
Family (2 Adults + Children ages 24yrs and under, in the same household) ……………… $80/Month
*Joining Fee $25-$75 depending on membership type*
Annual and Short Term Memberships (1,3, 6, and 12 Month) options NOW Available online at manateeymca.org or at any Welcome Center.
Individual Unique Pricing & Scholarship Program
The Y doesn’t turn away anyone for inability to pay. To join us based on annual household income, visit the Welcome Desk at your nearest Y branch for details.
APPLICATION IS REQUIRED (AS OF 11/1/2018):
- Proof of income (1040 form, pay stubs, etc.) is required to participate in this program, if not available at sign up you may provide an estimate.
- Those receiving Unique Pricing will sign a letter that includes their gross income and number of individuals in the household.
- Estimates are accepted. If no income information is provided at sign up, enrollee will have 10 days to turn in their information. If information is not received your enrollment fee will be adjusted to full price at 1st draft (program is available to bank draft membership types only and sorry it is not available to full-time students).
- After joining the Y, all Unique Pricing applicants are reviewed prior to first draft of membership fees, in some cases the Y may request additional information not available on a 1040 form due to scholarship policies.
- The below letter titled, “Unique Pricing Agreement Letter” must be signed when joining the Manatee YMCA. You may print the form and bring with you if you choose to.
- Unique Pricing is for join fees and programs (excluding before & after school care). To request a program scholarship you must complete a Program Scholarship Form, available at the branch.
Tell Us About Your Experience as a Recipient of Our Scholarship Program! Please fill out this form to email@example.com
Pay in full for a year to the YMCA. The YMCA will accept cash, check, money order, Mastercard or Visa as payment for membership. Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Expires 1 year after date of enrollment.
The enrollee authorizes their bank to make an automatic monthly payment through their checking or savings account. Payment is continuous until it is terminated by the member. To terminate bank draft, a Change Form must be completed (available at the front desk) and returned along with ID card. Termination is effective 30 days after notice is received. Changes in bank information requested by a member must be submitted to the YMCA front desk approximately 15 days prior to effective date (next draft date). At time of enrollment member will be responsible for payment of pro-rated current month’s fee in addition to the following month’s fee.
Credit Card/Debit Card
Pay as you go through auotmatic payment from your credit card/debit card with a one time joining fee.
This fee is applied to the building fund for future equipment and renovations. The Joining Fee must be paid at the time of enrollment. This is a one-time fee for continuous enrollment.
We accept AMERICAN SPECIALTY also known as SILVER & FIT. Silver & Fit provides you a FREE membership to the Y. Please check with your insurance company to find out if eligible for this program or not.
We also participate in the United Healthcare Reimbursement Program
Administered by HealthyContributions for the OptumHealth Fitness Reimbursement Program
Certain United Healthcare plans offer a fitness reimbursement plan. Typically, these are smaller employers using the OptumHealth program. Reimbursement and required visits is dependent upon the specific insurance carrier.
Active Military Discount
ACTIVE Military are welcome at any of our Y branches to work out or swim in our pool, at no charge. Stop by the branch front desk, show proof of military ID and complete our waiver. It’s that simple! Interested in signing up your family, ask about our discounts for active military and their immediate family members.
YUSA Military Initiative Program
Military Families (immediate family military is active in the military) receive 25% discount automatically on monthly bankdraft fee and $0 joining fee when joining the Y.
For more information please call (941) 798-9622 or stop by the Welcome Center at any branch.
Your ID Card Makes You Special
The YMCA computer system has been designed to serve you the best way possible and make your registration for programs simple & accurate. Your ID card is more important than you may know! You are required to scan your card each time you visit YOUR YMCA. By scanning your card, we can keep accurate statistics of facility use on which to base future expansion decisions, and ensure that only the Y Community and their guests are using the facility. Try not to lose your ID card! The cost to replace it is $10.00.
SCAN FROM YOUR SMART PHONE! Eliminate your ID card by downloading a FREE App (example being KeyRing) that will store your ID card bar code to your smart phone.