Manatee YMCA Job Openings Effective May 20, 2017
All jobs are part time unless noted.
This lead position assists the Program Director in the development, organization and implementation of high quality Y programs in a safe and effective manner, providing guidance and encouragement to a variety of members and program participants while modeling the core values of the Y. Position directs and supervises program activities to meet Y objectives. Develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed following set policies and procedures. Establishes new program activities and expands existing programs in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Motivates staff to achieve the program goals and while maintaining the Y standard of customer service. Assist Program Director with program marketing and information distribution. Coordinates use of the facilities for program activities; compiles program statistics; monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs with the Program Director. Exercise self-motivation and reliability to ensure proper follow-up to the Program Director on program matters. Must be able to delegate appropriate responsibilities with assisting staff in order to accomplish tasks and requirements of the program.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with related experience.
- Must have strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills and computer skills.
- Able to coach, train and teach skills in Basketball, Soccer, Flag & Tackle Football.
- Must have the ability to process confidential information through a firm understanding of the branch chain of command.
- Must be professional in appearance, following the dress code and wearing staff ID or name badge. o Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must have current CPR/AED-Pro and First Aid certification or complete within 30 days of hire.
- Must complete required Redwoods Risk Management online training and attend New Hire
Orientation within 30 days of hire.
Gym & Field supervisors are need for 1-3 nights per week, hours Monday to Friday 4:30 pm to 9:00 pm and some Saturdays to provide assistance to members as needed and maintain order. Responsible for enforcing health & safety standards, branch policies & procedures and gym rules in a positive & respectful manner. Must be attentive and in the gym at all times. Make sure equipment is neatly put away and notify your supervisor of any broken or defective equipment. Responsible for ensuring gymnasium is picked up and clean. This includes any sweeping & mopping as needed.
- Must be at least 16 years of age and mature enough for this responsibility.
- Has a basic knowledge of sports offered by the Y.
- Must be cheerful, friendly and good with children and families.
- Have confidence in self to be able to enforce gym rules and Y policies & procedures in a professional manner.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and punctual.
- Dressed professionally including Y staff shirt & ID.
- Able to pass a background & drug screening.
- Must have current CPR/AED-Pro & First Aid certification or obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Must complete required Redwoods training & New Hire Orientation within 30 days of hire.